- Do you feel that the department’s culture promotes respect, fairness, and equity for all officers and members of the community?
- Have you witnessed any incidents of bias, discrimination, or prejudice among your colleagues? If so, how were they handled?
- Do you feel that the department’s policies and procedures promote transparency and accountability?
- Have you received any training on cultural competence, diversity, or implicit bias? If so, how effective do you feel the training was?
- Do you feel that the department’s leadership fosters a positive and supportive work environment? If not, what changes could be made to improve the work environment?
- Have you witnessed any incidents of excessive use of force or misconduct among your colleagues? If so, how were they handled?
- Do you feel that the department’s recruitment and retention efforts promote diversity and inclusion?
- Have you ever felt pressured or intimidated to engage in conduct that violated department policies or ethical standards?
- Do you feel that the department’s internal review and disciplinary processes are fair and effective?
- Have you ever witnessed or experienced retaliation or retribution for reporting misconduct or other concerns to department leadership?
20 Most popular community policing survey questions
How safe do you feel in your neighborhood? Have you observed any suspicious or criminal activity in your neighborhood in the past year? How satisfied are you with the police